My recent use of skipfish for benchmarking some proxies left me
searching for a way to route skipfish requests through a proxy server.
After searching the web for few frantic moments, I understood that there
are two approaches to solve this problem.
- To recompile skipfish after enabling the proxy feature :-
- Open skipfish/src/config.h
- Uncomment line 67. Now it should read as #define PROXY_SUPPORT 1
- Save the file.
- Use the command **make **in the main folder to recompile skipfish.
- Now you can provide a proxy address using -J ( check ./skipfish –help )
- The second way is to use burp or zap as proxifiers. Follow the article present here.
EDIT :- If you get a pcre.h error then install libpcre3-dev